Thursday, April 14, 2005

Nazism, Communism, and Islam - All One in the Same

Seriously, I am willing to pull a double-shift of typing tonight in order to get myself back on track with the weblog. I still have a comment or two to write responses for, as well as a few articles within the latest editions of The Marquette Tribune, but thankfully the recent batch of editorials were complete and utter tripe, so I will not be bogged down any further, at least as far as this weekend is concerned. I can not wait a minute longer for the weekend to arrive. Even though I will end up having a batch of homework to complete over the next three days, there is nothing tremendous I need to work on right away. The last week of April, on the other hand, will be quite a testing time. I have a theology art paper due on the 26th of April, and then comes the 29th on which I have to turn in my Western Civilization paper, dash down to the Courthouse for the County Executive’s commercial, and then have to rush back to the dorm, eat lunch, and then turn in my International Politics paper. Believe me, it is just going to be a fun day, I know it. Well, I am not going to waste any more of this opportune moment jabbering on about my hectic schedule … let us move quickly onto another reader comment.

Having returned to the dorm room from my theology class at around eleven in the morning on Tuesday, I went into my Marquette e-mail account and found a message from Greg St. Arnold entitled, “Islam”. Greg, for those of you who do not know, operates The Smoking Room, a left-leaning weblog dedicated to responding to event which occur not only within the confines of the Milwaukee area but the nation and the world as well, inquired as to my reasoning behind the claim I had made earlier in this weblog (I can not immediately recall from which article he quoted in his e-mail message, but I do remember making such a statement) that Islam was “our generation’s Nazism or Communism”.

The following is what Greg wrote to me in his e-mail message on Tuesday:

I read you blog occasionally. I am inclined to disagree with a lot of the stuff you post. But I was just wondering, you alluded in one post to Islam being "our generation's Nazism or communism." On what grounds do you base this claim, from a historical, political, and theological perspective?

This is an excellent question to ask Greg and I thank you for sending the following e-mail message to me. In response to your question, I am going to try and break this subject down for you so that I can make myself clear and that there will be no misinterpretation of the words I write down in this entry. I first became aware of the connection between Nazism and Islam through one of the numerous product recommendation lists found on the Amazon.com website. I wish I could tell you what the name of the book was but to be honest, I can not recall at the moment what it was. It was present for some time on one of my own product recommendation lists – conservative oriented books, of course – but over time it was bumped off the list as my collection of political-science books increase and the number of available slots on the list decreased, of which only twenty-five are allotted per list. I may have written it down somewhere, but since I live on-campus during the week, I do not have access at the current moment to where I may have placed it. But if I ever do find out what it was, or someone else has heard of what I am discussing, I will be sure to post it here to let you know.

In any event, basically the book discussed how the Nazis were able to successfully maintain control of the Middle East region while at the same time battling their way through Northern Africa and securing control of Europe within the early stages of the Second World War.

Here is the truth – I could go about jabbering all evening about this, but sadly I do not have quite the time in which to do so. However, I was able to research a little bit this afternoon and found online a news article from Front Page magazine in which the writer discusses the connection found between Nazism and Islam, though to be accurate the book that he refers to is not the book I was discussing earlier, as well as an article present on Newsmax Magazine’s website.

We find ourselves in the midst of the global war against terrorism and, as is custom with all wars, we must face a common adversary together, which in this case is Islam.

There undoubtedly will be those individuals who will be quick to claim that other religions have partaked in terrorists attacks against this country and yet we have not sought to obliterate from the earth. And while that is true to an extent, no other religion in our time period has presented a greater threat to democracy then Islam has. We can not allow ourselves to forget that it was Islamic terrorists who were behind the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on September 11th, 2001, in spite of whatever conspiracy theory bull-sh*t you may hear otherwise.

Please be aware, however, that I am not suggesting, in spite of what others may claim, that every Muslim is a terrorist and that every single one should be bound, gagged, dragged through the streets, and hung from their legs from the construction cranes along the Marquette interchange. But noting that a certain amount of Muslims, whether it be in this country or overseas, do not partake in terrorist activities, let alone applaud the actions of Osama bin Ladin and al Qaeda, does not take away from the fact that Islam, the true version which many have come to accept as the true faith, is morally transverse to the concept of democracy and therefore must be discarded to the ash-heap of history along with fascism, Nazism, and Communism.

Islam is a dangerous religion which must be dealt away with, and I am not alone in this belief. The only ones who honestly believe Islam is the “religion of peace” as has been claimed on numerous occasions are those who already believe in it and the left-wing faction of this country who simply want to shut their eyes, click their heels three times, and return home to the black-and-white Kansas farm from The Wizard of Oz. Sorry folks, but the world does not operate that way.

Here is the way in which the Muslim world works – you are either with the program and therefore deserve to bask in the glory of Allah, or else you an apostate or infidel and deserve only death. No “wiggle room” for peace can exist within Islam. Appeasement will not divert them from their ultimate goal of destroying America and its interests, specifically Israel, as the Arab world views this as a sign of weakness, which will exuberate their efforts to destroy us.

The left seriously needs to wake up and realize that we are at war with Islam and if we do not properly defend ourselves from another 9/11, or worse, we will lose.