Monday, April 11, 2005

Silly Old Bear!

This will be it, I promise! I know how horrific and annoying discussion of the marriage between Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles over the weekend has been for some people, but I cannot help poking fun at the Brits for their incessant obsession with the Royal Family. How can a populous whose country has been freed from the shackles of monarchial rule for so long be so ignorant as to believe that they have some form of authority over the direction of the nation-state? The Royals in Britain are nothing more then a bunch of prudish aristocrats spending public funds at nausea at taxpayer expense without so much as a public official keeping track of their financial purchases. Believe me, should I decide to go forward with plans to study abroad in England in Spring 2006, I will be giving the Brits a piece of my mind about the subject.