Monday, April 4, 2005

Viva Absurde!

Now this is what I consider truly sad! Not even this country's left-wingers were this pathetic, or as atheistic, as to have pulled this sort of stunt:

Click Here to Read About How the French Are NOT Honoring Pope John Paul II

I found this to be quite ironic. I mean, I thought Pope John Paul II was one of the most influential figures in history, mainly for his staunch opposition to Communism, which, along with Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher, helped bring down the Iron Curtain in 1989, but I absolutely disagreed with his reasons for opposing the Iraq War in March 2003. That is why I found this story so shocking, that the French would refuse to pay homage to a leading global figure who stood with ‘The Coalition of the Bribed’ in opposing the US-led invasion of Iraq. Should we have expected less from the French? Would anyone care to remind them that the French Revolution is over and that their purification of the Christian religion from their land can stop?

And our “Hate Mail” moment of the day comes from Mr. David Okoniewski who wrote a message to me at around 4pm this evening under the title “you suck”:
"Wow, i feel sorry for you you little f*ck"
Is he not an absolute peach, ladies and gentlemen? I do not believe I have to elaborate on how pathetic this is. Could the liberals be any more pathetic that they have to rely on people like Mr. Okoniewski to respond to conservative attacks with such ‘informative’ and ‘mature’ e-mail messages such as this? Is it so much to ask for an actual challenge?!