Thursday, October 12, 2006

Wild Shift 'Gold', South Africa Blame on Student Body

Am I the only one who believes Father Wild in spite of all he has done for the university in the past has finally lost it? I hope not. For those unaware, Father Wild during his question and answer forum last evening (which I wish I had attended but unfortunately I had a previous engagement which to my displeasure was not worth my time) openly admitted that the infamous ‘Gold’ decision and the South Africa program decision (both of which were reversed less then a week after they were made – can we say, ‘We f*cked up’?) were ‘dumb’. But just when you thought the university administration had turned a corner, Wild then shifts the blame on MUSG and the student body, saying, quote, “It helps if there is high-end student government presence on campus during the summer too, and I think there was a bit of a problem because I'm not sure we had that senior leadership presence”.

If I remember correctly, the infamous ‘Gold’ decision was made the week before finals and the end of the school year. In my mind that is a deliberate attempt to ostracize the student body. They made a decision which had no bearing whatsoever with the student body as a whole, let alone in part.

I have e-mailed MUSG president Dan Calandriello for a comment which I will post as soon as I get a response or if he chooses to comment at all at this time.