Monday, July 11, 2005

Disneyland Trip Report - Day 7: Fantasmic!





The Night Spectacular "Fantasmic!" on the Rivers of America (pictures taken from the balcony of the Disney Gallery where we paid for reserved seats and a large assortment of delicious desserts)



"Dream of fantastic dreams ... "



" ... Use your imagination"



The Sorcerer's Apprentice





Kaa from The Jungle Book



"They're here, They're there! Oh no, look out, They're everywhere!"



I have no strings to hold me down ...



"Wuh? Hold it there ... "



"Peter Pan Ahoy!"



"Save me Smee, save me, Smeeee!" (I attended a performance of Fantasmic! the next evening at a much closer location to the 'stage' area, so I will have better pictures of Hook and Peter Pan later this week)



"Certain as the sun, Rising in the East. Tale as old as Time. Song as old as rhyme. Beauty and the Beast"



"What would I pay, to spend a day, warm on the sand?"



"Someday my prince will come, Someday we'll find true love" (I apologize for the fuzziness of the picture ... a better one will appear later in the week)



"Slave in the magic mirror, Come from the farthest space. Through wind and darkness, I summon thee ... "



" ... Speak! Let me see thy face"



"Famed is thy beauty, Majesty, But hold, three lovelier maidens I see. And here, in Mickey's imagination, Beauty and love will always survive"



"Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic. Imagine this!"



Ursula from The Little Mermaid (unfortunately they did not replace the inflatable figure that use to make an appearance at this point in the show after being found damaged in an extensive rehab a few years ago)



Chernabog (or, Disney's interpretation of Satan, as it were ... )



"Now you will deal with me, And all the powers of my imagination!"



The Dragon! (better pictures, closer up, are coming later this week)





Evil is defeated ...



"See it in your mind, and you will find in your imagination mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams"







The Finale ...



"Some imagination, huh?"