Monday, February 12, 2007

Dixie Chicks: Movin' to the Left

The Dixie Sluts … of course I mean Chicks (cough) were awarded by their liberal peers over the weekend with five Grammy awards (don’t think the American public, the people who actually pay for music, voted for them) including Best Song of the Year (Not Ready to Make Nice) and Best Album of the Year.

The New York Times couldn’t help but gush about how the musical-trio were free speech martyrs (in name only in my opinion – oops, let’s totally forget that interview in which the ladies were ‘weeping’ because they upset their ‘fan-base’ in country music) and Matt Lauer opened the TODAY Show this morning saying that the Dixie Chicks got the last laugh on the president.

Believe me when I say I am not the only who thinks this is politically motivated. As Michelle Malkin said, even the little troll who sings lead (Natalie Maines, the one who made the comment back in 2003 which started the whole controversy) thinks it was.