Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Rudy Ready for Prime Time?

I have already stated previously why I am a bit uneasy about giving the 2008 GOP Presidential Nomination to former-New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani. I, like nearly every else in this country, appreciate what he did in light of September 11th but his more liberal stances on abortion, gay marriage, and immigration make me a bit nervous to say the least about him.


The following have been making the rounds on the blogosphere:

First we have that cover photo of Rudy and his wife on the New York Post …






I swear he has to be one of the only politicians in this country to pull something like that off without an uproar. And might I say that his wife looks stunning for her age (the New York Post states that she is fifty-two).

The other little tidbit making the rounds is the interview on Hannity and Colmes (divided into two parts on YouTube) where he discusses the main political issues of the upcoming presidential campaign.







I must admit, despite my reservations, he will be a tough candidate to beat in the Republican primary. I would imagine McCain might be the only other candidate who would have the capacity to challenge him for the nomination. More importantly however he might be our best and only shot at beating Hillary for the presidency. Personally, I am of the opinion that ‘Osama’ Obama, the media darling, is the Howard Dean of this campaign and that his candidacy will flounder going into Iowa.