Friday, March 10, 2006

Ex-'Apprentice' Announces Run for Congress

I have not watched NBC’s The Apprentice in the longest time. Frankly, I have not been able to catch much of anything on television lately including the latest episodes of Lost. I’ve been fortunate enough to catch 24 on Monday but that’s about it. Additionally, I’ve found The Apprentice to be a little oversaturated ala Who Wants to be a Millionaire? on ABC a few years ago. However, I was sort of an addict during the second season of the hit reality program (I have my father to thank for that) and one of my favorite contestants was Raj Bhakta, a fellow Republican. He has apparently decided to use his new found fame to run for public office, “challenging Democratic U.S. Rep. Allyson Schwartz for the state's 13th District seat representing suburban Philadelphia” according to the article. We at the Office of Homeland Security wish him the best of luck.