Saturday, December 3, 2005

Sam Weaver Couldn't Hit a Broad Side of a Barn

Yes, our traffic jumps through the roof when we talk about The Warrior. “Desperate for traffic” might be a bit of an overstatement, though – we have no advertisers and no competition, at least in terms of other left-leaning blogs on campus, so thus, we have no reason for desperation. The increases in traffic are purely for excitement. No offense to those who write or enjoy pieces on state politics, but I’d much rather argue about The Warrior or other campus issues than gubernatorial primaries or Peg Lautenschlager’s driving record. Look at the comments on our respective sites – I think our readers agree.
Then you audience is nothing more then a bunch of pians. If you so desperately want The Warrior to go away then stop talking about. Somebody at 1832 should at least make an attempt to constrain Ryan Alexander or something to that effect before he busts the seat of his pants again the next time an issue of The Warrior is published and handed out on campus. 1832 is attempting to make an issue out of something which doesn’t exist. There are far more significant issues then the never-ending debate over whether The Warrior has a clear political agenda or not. And if your audience, Mr. Weaver, can not see that then you have clearly failed in your responsibility to educate them.

However, she did write about the “unfortunate effect of a campus culture in which…an outspoken student is considered a bigot.” Kastner’s McCarthy-ist posts calling out members of the Muslim and Arab student associations based solely on their heritage, and the outrage that followed, was the most prominent example of an outspoken student being considered a bigot this semester.
Here’s the thing though – Joseph McCarthy was right in the end afterall. For 1832 to derieve racism and bigotry from the two posts on which ‘moderate’ commentator Brent Bray (if he’s a moderate then I’m a flaming liberal) discussed in his article is a real stretch even for Ryan Alexander the far-left extremists his blog embodies. Furthermore, was there a competition for most ‘outspoken student being considered a bigot this semester’? I wasn’t aware. And I didn’t even prepare a speech. I would just like to accept this award on behave of the little cretin whose nerves I steamroll over every day of my life. Thank you. Rest assured I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Lastly, I’d like to say that I didn’t mean to start some sort of war between 1832 and all entities Red on campus – the “thesis” of my post, if you will, praised The Warrior’s current issue, and most of my jabs were pretty lighthearted and good-natured. Simple misunderstandings do not equal "blatant lies". I’m not going to take this too seriously, and I suggest you do the same.

You see, that’s funny. My comments in the very same article he ridicules me for were also meant in just and yet he and the rest of his fellow left-wing extremists of Marquette University are chomping at the bit (literally – they are that kinky) and label me a racist and a bigot. Anyone else see a contradiction in all of this? Nah, didn’t think so either.