Friday, December 2, 2005

Demand Fitzgerald Stop Catering to Special Interest Groups

About a month ago at the Grazing with the Elephants event in Waukesha, Wisconsin, I was able to meet Wisconsin State Senator Scott Fitzgerald. Besides the photo-op, I was able to speak with him for awhile on a few issues and he seemed like a nice enough guy. However, when I heard this afternoon on Mark Belling’s radio program that he was planning to vote against the repeal of the automatic gas tax, this motivated me to take action against him. It is bad enough when Democrats cave in to special interests (its sort of a natural reflex when you become a liberal I suppose), but it’s even worse when Republicans whose platform is based on limiting government and fighting special interests does it. Sadly, Wisconsin Republicans have been doing a lot of this lately, especially this year for some reason. I may be a registered Republicans but I am first and foremost a conservative. This is why I am not reprehensive about criticizing Republicans when they deserve it.

I am requesting that if you are fed up with the automatic gas tax increase and Wisconsin State Senators who ‘whore themselves out’ to special interest groups (as Mark Belling so poignantly put it) that you call up State Senator Scott Fitzgerald’s office immediately and demand that he listen to his constituents and repeal the automatic gas tax.

Capitol: 608-266-5660

District: 920-386-2218


Call Scott Fitzgerald Today and Demand He Listen to His Constituents and Repeal the Automatic Gas Tax