Friday, June 2, 2006

The Haditha Story You Haven't Heard

Could this whole Haditha scandal be made-up for the purpose of revenge? Sweetness and Light is reporting that Reuters reporter Tim McGirk who first broke news of the story spent time with the Taliban over Thanksgiving 2001, shortly after the tragic event of 9/11, and claimed that they were nice guys. And another journalist from Reuters named Ali Omar Abrahem al-Mashhadani was also detained by the United States because of his ties to the insurgents. Wait, it gets better! The doctor who claimed that each of the fifteen bodies was shot in the chest and head at close range is prejudice against the US-led invasion of Iraq. I don’t know what to make of this. I hope in my heart that U.S. soldiers did this out of self-defense but I can’t say for sure. The evidence against the two journalists who reported it and the doctor who signed the death certificates does make me highly suspicious though.