Monday, February 27, 2006

Sales of Prescription Drugs From Canada Decline 30%

I have been meaning to post this story for some time now. Sadly, school work and the like have gotten in the way. Yes, as much as it pains me to concentrate on school work, every now and again my parents would like to see some positive results from their $20,000+ per year investment. Anyway, one evening as I was about to turn off the television for the night, a business analysis on Fox News reported that sales of prescription drugs from Canada declined as much as thirty percent since President Bush’s Medicare prescription drug benefit program went into effect on January 1st, 2006.

That’s funny. Although as of late I have been a little out of the loop when it comes to keeping up-to-date with the news, I do not recall this headline gracing the front-page (above the fold) of the Milwaukee* Journal Sentinel. News like this in a sense would silence some, though certainly not all, criticism of the president’s prescription drug plan as nothing more then a complete mess. I can't imagine why the American media would be reluctant to report this story.

Again I call on Republicans to thumb their noses at their liberal collogues and say, “Told you so!”

Feels good, doesn’t it?