Thursday, January 26, 2006

There is No Such Thing As a Free Lunch

It is times like this that I wish more people would take the time to learn the basic fundamentals of the free-market system. I am reading ‘The Economics of Public Issues’ for my American Public Policy course with Professor McAdams and several times it has mentioned within a short span of a few pages that everything entails a cost, no matter what the benefits. It cites specific examples involving prescription drugs and how regulations by the FDA may have cost more lives then they claim to be saving by so slowly approving new prescription drugs. I complained about this very thing at the beginning of the school year in regards to my professor who taught Biology for Non-Science Majors. Thought I would just point that out.

Alright, back to work.