Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Where Was He Last Week?!

Sorry it took so long for me to finally post about President George W. Bush’s “sloppy seconds” nominee to the Supreme Court of the United States, Judge Samuel A. Alito, Jr., but I’ve been pretty backed up lately (homework mostly – I honestly need to get moving on that history project due next week) and I wanted to conduct a little research before I made any final decision on Bush’s pick. Though I am a bit disappointed Diane Sykes was not nominated, I always figured she was a long shot, so it did not come as a total surprise. Quite frankly I am just relieved to see that he went with someone with experience under his belt … a lot of experience to be accurate. He also appears to be rather intelligent (more so then ‘Aunt Harriet’, though that isn’t saying much) and conservative in his political values. Hell, if the Democrats are already pushing to delay his hearing, we know Bush picked the right conservative judge for the job. This is more like it! This is the president I voted for last November! Where the Hell has he been the last week or so? Was he severely under the weather and not thinking clearly? Was last week some terrible dream that we all just suddenly woke up from? The one thing we know at least is that things are beginning to return to normal in Washington D.C. Let’s roll up our sleeves and get ready for a fist fight.

Let’s get it on!